Monday, May 9, 2011

I don't Like the World in Your Hands

Now that the whole globe is accessible through hand held gadgets, how much of it do you hold? To reach out to someone, you just need to buzz them or find them online. You can hug them, laugh until you roll and slap them if they are bothering you. You can share your mind in tweets, update your status and mark your location. And the world which you connect with can access you instantly.


 But what happens to the slow ones like me who prefer a face to face chat on a street bench, a walk on the road licking ice cream or playing flute with a green maize? What happens to me who wants a hugs, and who wants to laugh out loud until no sound is coming out of the mouth.? What happens to me?


It is sad when friends are connecting laughing out loud with a blank stare.
It's sad when a phone rings to interrupt a one on one with a friend, and takes over.
It's sad when the world in my hands cannot touch me when i desperately need a human touch
It's just sad.


But this is the new world; exciting, advanced, instant and small. Everyone is connected with everyone else. The world is literally in our hands. We can do with it as we wish. And the best thing about all this, I don't like it that much.

2 comments:

  1. You know, yesterday i read another article that had a title like "Dating Redefined by Texting" I agreed with the writer that this is a disaster waiting to happen. Technology is good, but should be used wisely just like medicine. The Human touch should be preserved.

    ReplyDelete