Friday, March 11, 2011

What Am I?

While editing my life a few weeks ago, I thought about my childhood dreams. The kind of life I had dreamt I would live. I asked myself a lot of questions. One of the major question was 'what would I tell God about my life if I died and went to heaven?. This question disturbed me a lot. What is it that would be of interest to God? What is it that would tickle him on a Saturday afternoon beside the river of life as I narrate my life on earth? I then realized my life would be boring, without major events to celebrate about as such, or even with anything worthy telling Him, but just that which concerns me, myself and I. And I decided to change that, and shifted my focus on who I was becoming. I wanted to write a different story with my life. The kind of story that would catch God's attention. The kind that would be recorded in the chronicles. That’s the kind of life I want to live. The kind that would be a great story to tell my kids. The kind of story that my wife would enjoy telling of the fifty years or more of living with me. The kind of story that would make me as a grandfather make sense among my grandkids in years to come. My story of becoming.

And as I write the story of my life, I dedicate it to my generation. To the people who are struggling to become better. To the people who believe in making this world a better place. A people who are not afraid to pursue personal development. A people who believe in finishing the course and keeping on the track, and maintaining faith. A people who rise up after falling. A people whose dreams do not die. Who believe in dying empty. Who believe in immortalizing their lives. That as they look at me, they get hope and inspiration, and an example.

I believe it's not where you have been that matters, neither is it where you are, nor what you are doing, but what you are BECOMING.

And so, this is my life story, the story of BECOMING.

No comments:

Post a Comment