Tuesday, January 18, 2011

The fireplace

I sat at the fire place listening to grandma

And I always got amused

For the start I always knew…

Once upon a time, and I wondered

Must all the good stories start with once upon a time?

This one I heard severally..


Born on Monday

Baptized on Tuesday

Wedded on Wednesday

Took ill on Thursday

Treated on Friday

Died on Saturday

Buried on Sunday

But I always wondered

Is that just it….. only that?

Then is it really necessary?

QUESTIONS

  1. Why do we despise and even laugh at the character in the above piece and yet our lives in one way or another follow the same route? school, work, marriage, retire, die....
  2. What make you (us) think that you (We) are different from the character?
  3. If life is all about the above... sincerely is it worth it?

No comments:

Post a Comment