Tuesday, January 18, 2011

THE ORCHESTRA

The orchestra was playing, two hundred strong they said.
And sure they weren't joking, for I counted every head.
Sometimes they'd play together, and sometimes one by one,
I really was excited, for the show had just begun.
I heard the thunderous bass notes, vibrating round the hall.
Those mighty grand crescendos - I thrilled to one and all.
But the leader's baton quivered, and with almost cruel care,
He pointed to one player, who was somewhat hidden there.
"Your instrument needs tuning - now stop and put it right."
For almost every player, the world had stopped that night.
Shaking with emotion - his shame was there to see,
With every eye upon him, he turned so quietly.
And then the marvel started, the leader led them on.
He played the sweetest melody, and all his shame was gone.
Yes, you and I are players, in life's orchestra tonight,
And YOU may hear God saying, "Stop - and put it right!" DBL

No comments:

Post a Comment