Thursday, February 17, 2011

Am Afraid, Am Afraid Not!

Am afraid am not afraid
Am afraid am afraid
Let’s just say am afraid

Am afraid am not afraid to die
Unless I lose my life, I can never gain it.

Am afraid am not afraid to be laughed at
Laughter is medicine to their bones

Am afraid am not afraid to be myself
Jesus only crime was love; him being himself

Am afraid am not afraid to be poor
Naked I came, Naked shall I return

Am afraid am not afraid things may fall apart
On the solid rock I stand

But am afraid
Am afraid am afraid to be rich
What if I gained the whole world and lost my soul?

Am afraid am afraid of labels
I live on the border and everywhere in between
What if I don’t fit in?

Am afraid am afraid of life
The much give, the much required
What if I lose it for keeping it?

Am afraid, Am afraid not
Let’s just say am afraid



No comments:

Post a Comment